Fire Warden Training
We provide on-site Fire Warden Training exclusively for Smartlog® clients and their employees – a general group or selected fire wardens.
Our trainers are IOSH, NEBOSH, BAFE, GIFireE qualified and members of the IIRSM & IFSM.
Our trainers are IOSH, NEBOSH, BAFE, GIFireE qualified and members of the IIRSM, and please note:
This practical Fire Warden training course is only available to Smartlog customers.
This course will be divided into the following:
During fire extinguisher training, all attending staff members will be given the opportunity to practice how to properly handle and use each type of extinguisher.
Following the completion of the course, a certificate will be issued to all attendees; delivered through Smartlog.
Article 18 of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 says that one or more competent persons should be nominated to assist the responsible person in undertaking preventive and protective fire safety measures.
It is for this reason that fire wardens (also known as ‘fire marshals’) need to be nominated and trained sufficiently, and an organisation’s responsible person will generally appoint fire wardens whose role is to ensure that implemented fire safety measures are carried out in the event of a fire.
This course seeks:
- An overview of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO)
- What is a ‘responsible person’ and what are their responsibilities in accordance with the RRO?
- Core responsibilities and duties of a fire warden
- Fire Prevention – hazard identification
- Means of escape
- What to do in the event of a fire
- Refuge areas
- Workplace checks
- Fire-fighting equipment i.e. fire extinguishers
- Practical Fire Extinguisher Training