Safer Recruitment (Education)
What is Safer Recruitment?
According to both the School Staffing (England) Regulations 2009 and Education (Pupil Referral Units) (Application of Enactments) (England) Regulations 2007, at least one person who interviews an applicant for a role in a school or college must have completed Safer Recruitment training.
This Safer Recruitment training course is for those who are responsible for recruiting staff and volunteers to work within the education sector, so that can ensure compliance with statutory guidance that prevents unsuitable people from working with children and young people.
What is the purpose of this Safer Recruitment course?
The purpose of this training course is:
- to ensure that children and young people do not come into contact with people who may cause them harm.
- to ensure that the safeguarding needs of children and young people is fundamental to the recruitment process. Attaining a valid teaching qualification alone does not mean that an individual is suitable to work with children, or provide any assurance with regards to safeguarding.
- to lessen the possibility of abuse occurring.
- to create opportunities for reporting abuse quickly and efficiently.
- to show a commitment from the most senior people in the organisation to have a robust recruitment process that ensures that only people who are suitable to work with children, are employed to keep them safe whilst in education.
Safer Recruitment eLearning
This Safer Recruitment training course aims to make learners understand:
- Safeguarding and recruitment law
- The recruitment and selection process
- DBS, Enhanced DBS and other important checks
- Case studies
- Agency staff, contractors, volunteers, proprietors & other procedures
Safesmart delivers Safer Recruitment training for your organisation through Smartlog – our comprehensive health & safety compliance software.
The pre-appointment phase – Following selection, the legal obligations and recommendations prior to appointment, eg. DBS, Enhanced DBS, Children’s Barred List and other pre-appointment checks